Abbie.

My photo
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Relitively normal person who tends to be able to type what she can't say.

Friday, March 12, 2010

the book

Before I get to my relevant and truly hilarious anecdote, is there any polite way to call someone a prostitute? I quite like 'ladies of the night', sounds all mysterious-like and Girlfriend Magazine said that was sexy. Anyway, on with the circus...(that phrase is so going to catch on)

We were given a book to read a while ago for Advanced English (that's right, I'm in Advance - just like the money you give a prostitute). The book was Looking for Alibrandi, and because I'm not a real reader - it's not that I don't like reading, just that a lot of fiction books that I try to read bore me within the first chapter - I was reluctant to read it. Reading the first 30-something pages didn't help either, kind of felt like the author (Melina Marchetta, Melina Marchetta, Melina...) was dumbing it down a bit for me...

(must remember Melina Marchetta...Mrs Mack told me to. I might fail English...)

So, I just skimmed through a bit, got the point of it an moved on. But as we started discussing it in class, I actually wanted to read it.

So I did, last night, all of it.

And it made me cry.

Serious bawling my eyes out until my stomach hurt crying.

Thank Cupcakes I was home alone...

So, if anyone has a really good book that'll do that to me, let me know.

No pretentious bullshit either.
She says, writing a blog...

I'm aware of how boring this post is.
Good afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment